The information from this page can also be found from https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ and https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
How to avoid catching or spreading Coronavirus
Everyone should do what they can to stop the spread of Coronavirus. In particular, for people who are 70 or over, have a long term health condition, is pregnant or has a weakened immune system.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Do this for at least 20 seconds.
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work.
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water is not available to you.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- Dispose of used tissues immediately and wash your hands after with soap and water.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell or may have underlying health conditions.
- Only travel on public transport if you have too.
- Work from home, if you can.
- Avoid social activities such as going to pubs, restaurants, theatres and cinemas.
- Avoid events with large groups of people.
- Use phone, online services or apps to contact your GP surgery or other NHS services.
- Touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Have visitors to your home, including friends and family.
The NHS will contact you from Monday March 23rd if you are at particularly high risk of getting seriously ill from Coronavirus.
Please do not contact your GP or health provider during this time. Wait to be contacted.