Mental illness symptoms are different and vary per person. Below are some common symptoms that you can look out for.
- Confused thinking or thought process.
- Prolonged depression, irritability or lack of emotions.
- Social withdrawal.
- Suicidal thoughts.
- Unexplained physical injuries.
- Substance abuse.
- Change in sleeping eating habits.
- Intense fear.
- Defiance of authority, theft.
- Out bursts of anger or aggression.
- Seeing or hearing things that are not there (hallucinations)
If someone you know or you are in crisis now, seek help immediately call Samaritans at 116 123 (it will not show up on your phone bill.)
or call 999 for immediate assistance.