What kind of decisions can be appealed?
Below is a list of the Board of Examiners decisions that can be challenged by way of an academic appeal:
- The mark or result of an individual assessment component.
- The mark or result of a whole unit.
- Your final award/degree classification.
- A decision that you may not progress to the next stage of your course.
- A decision that a failed unit cannot be compensated.
- A decision that you are not allowed another assessment attempt.
- A decision that you must do a retake rather than a resit.